Available in Single Idler and Multi Idler configurations, an Active Weighing Solutions Belt Weigher is inherently stable - delivering accurate, reliable and repeatable material totalizing and instantaneous flow rates.
Commonly incorporated into conveyor belt systems, belt weighers are used in a wide range of industries to report instantaneous flow rate and totalized mass feed rate of powders and bulk solid materials. This data is commonly used for stock control, process control and in bulk material blending processes.A typical Active Weighing Solutions Single Idler Belt Weigher comprises of a full floating weigh frame, stainless steel shear beam load cell, speed encoder, trailing wheel and an EMC Modweigh 95A transmitter connected to a MW99 Display. To calculate the material flow rate the transmitter measures:
- the flow rate of material carried by the belt conveyor
- the belt loading and,
- belt speed
Multiple ModWeigh transmitters can be connected to a single remote display.A number of factors affect the accuracy and suitability of Belt Weighers in a given situation. The following factors are considered by Active Weighing Solutions engineers in determining the appropriate configuration for a particular application.
- location of the weigh frame in the system
- conveyor length and degree of incline
- belt construction and tension
- belt troughing angle
- idler alignment
- material loading and material residence times
- ongoing maintenance and operational housekeeping
Typical in-service accuracy of totalized load for an Active Weighing Solutions Belt Weigher :
- Single Idler Belt Weigher 0.50 to ±1.0%.
- Multi Idler Belt Weigher better than ±0.25%.
Flow rates up to 5,000tph.
Belt widths from 300 to 3000mm.
An Active Weighing Solutions Belt Weigher is a relatively low cost weighing application. It requires no additional headroom and fits into new and existing conveyors.
Active Weighing Solutions Belt Weighers offer:
- Inherently stable and rugged design
- Full Floating Weigh Frame
- Stainless Steel Shear Beam Loadcells
- Overload protection stops
- Modular weigh controller system
- Customisable graphics display
- One Display can be connected to multiple Transmitters
- Simple calibration procedures
- Easy menu based programmable settings
- Automaitc belt zeroing
- Analogue Output
- Pulse Output
- RS232 and RS485 modbus communications
- Field software upgrades
A typical Active Weighing Solutions Single Idler Belt Weigher comprises of:
- a full floating weigh frame
- stainless steel shear beam load cell
- speed encoder
- trailing wheel and an
- EMC Modweigh 95A transmitter connected to a MW99 Display
- Integrated calibration check weights
- Stainless steel or galvanised weigh frame
Please view our PDF brochures relating to this product.
To view the brochure, you will need to have a PDF reader. If you don't have one installed, please download a free copy from the Adobe PDF Reader site.
Please complete the enquiry form below for specific information and advice on Belt Weighers.
Fields marked with a '*' are mandatory and must be filled.